Social Media Policy
Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office Social Media Policy
Social Media Sites:
Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office website: https://www.guadalupecountysherifftx.org
Social Media Sites are third-party websites that allow for the creation of content and may allow dialogue around a specific issue or area of interest. These have been established to communicate with or gather feedback from residents and other interested parties on department-specific issues.
Social Media Sites are not monitored for calls for police service. For emergencies, please call 911; for non-emergencies, please call (830) 379-1224.
The Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office Social Media Sites shall be used for the purpose of disseminating pertinent information regarding crime prevention information and/or videos, surveillance footage, crime trends, major or minor accidents/incidents, significant arrests, media releases, department accomplishments, events, photographs, videos, etc.
Rules and Regulations:
A. All content and comments posted to the sites are subject to public disclosure laws.
B. Posted comments do not necessarily reflect the views or position of the Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office or Guadalupe County.
C. The Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to review, edit, modify, or delete any comment to Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office Social Media sites by a user that is deemed inappropriate or contrary to the Purpose of the sites stated above and reserves the right to block users who post comments that are deemed inappropriate or contrary to the Purpose of the sites stated above.
D. Comments will be deleted if they:
- Clearly violate the Social Media Site's terms of service;
- Contain information about County business or operations that is confidential and nonpublic;
- Would reasonably be considered pornographic or, obscene in nature;
- Comments that promote or advocate violence or the threat of violence;
- Are solicitations of commerce or promotion of private business enterprises/interests;
- Contain or link to inappropriate sexual content;
- Encourage or promote illegal activity;
- Include information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Contain profane language;
- Violate copyright, trademark or patents legal interests of any other party;
- Constitute Spam;
- Promote or oppose any person campaigning for election to a political office or that promote or oppose any ballot measure
- Are comments that the department head responsible for the social media account deems inappropriate
E. Blocking of individuals:
- The Guadalupe County Sheriff's Department reserves the right to block any individual for any reason.
Our social media channels are not the appropriate place to resolve issues, complaints or suggestions about service experiences. This does not mean we do not want to hear about such issues, but these types of concerns are best handled directly by Sheriff Arnold Zwicke. Contact Sheriff Zwicke at email@example.com.